A highly motivated and results-oriented scientist with a strong passion for optimizing health. Mahshid is a Medical Editor and scientific communicator with a PhD in health sciences and extensive experience in scientific research and Medical Communications in various therapeutic areas.
- York University, Doctor of Philosophy (PhD), Health Sciences, 2015-2019
- York University, Master’s degree, Kinesiology & Health Sciences, 2013-2015
- University of Waterloo, Bachelor of Science (BS), 2008-2012
Professional Highlights and Accomplishments:
- Medical writer/editor in the areas of rheumatology, gastroenterology, dermatology, diabetes, and oncology.
- 7+ years of experience in scientific communication, developing and disseminating medical and research-related material to various healthcare professional and academic audiences.
- 9+ years of medical communication experience with 8 publications in peer-reviewed journals.
- 3+ years of medical editing experience in various therapeutic areas in the pharmaceutical industry.
- Her work in dermatology was with one of the largest pharmaceutical companies, AbbVie, particularly in the field of psoriasis, atopic dermatitis, psoriatic arthritis, and hidradenitis suppurativa.