If you care about your appearance, you know that sometimes routine things can’t be enough. Perhaps you have been dreaming of a perfect body for a long time, but sports and dieting do not give you the desired result. In this case, you should pay attention to additional means — one of which is a body contouring machine.
There are many body contouring machines on the market, but how do you know which one will give you results? You can get lost among the many functions and confusing features.
That is why we conducted a detailed research and analyzed user reviews and scientific materials. We have selected the 5 best body contouring machines, among which you will find the one that suits you.
|Redeek Body Sculpting Machine
Provides the fastest results (within two weeks)
Use for: Whole Body
- This device will give you the fastest noticeable changes as it contains 5 important functions.
- It is charged from USB-C and is the lightest of all, so you can easily take it with you anywhere.
When you see the results
The first changes are visible after two weeks. It will take about 3 months for a stable result.
|Vansaile 4-in-1 Body Machine
The best for reducing puffiness
Use for: Arms, abdomen, thighs, back, waist, and
buttocks. Does not work on the face
- This device is the best solution to solve the problem of swelling.
- The powerful vibration function accelerates the metabolism and elimination of excess fluid.
When you see the results
- Reduction of swelling is noticeable within 24 hours after the procedure.
- A stable result will be in 6-8 weeks.
|Wcyruu 3-in-1 Body Slimming Device
The best for muscles toning
Use for: Whole body
- The function is the best way to improve your muscles without much effort.
- The cordless design and small size of the device allow you to improve your body anywhere.
When you see the results
- Changes from muscle stimulation (EMS) are visible within 12 hours.
- A stable result will be in less than 3 months.
|Emstens Red Light Cavitation Device
The best for pain relief
Use for: All parts of the body. Do not use on the head, neck,
collarbone, elbow, wrist, ankle, feet, and backbone
- This device best suits for body recovery after workouts or cosmetic surgery.
- It speeds up blood circulation and relaxes your body and nervous system.
When you see the results
- You will feel relaxed immediately after the procedure.
- A noticeable result will be in about 1 month.
|Carer Spark 6 in 1 Multifunctional Machine
The best for skin treatment and tightening
Use for: Whole body
- The combination of red and blue light has the best effect on the skin, reducing stretch marks and cellulite.
- You also can use it on the face to reduce acne, wrinkles, and pigmentation.
When you see the results
- The first results are visible after 2 weeks of use.
- For a stable result, you need at least 1 month.
What is a body contouring machine, and how does it work?
Body contouring machine is a non-invasive, painless way to improve the overall appearance of your body.
The most important thing you need to know about body contouring machines is that they won’t help you lose a lot of weight, but they will help improve your overall appearance. It is more like an additional measure, not the main element. These devices are mainly used to remove the stubborn fat and shape a slim silhouette.
It is best to use together with sports because this machine activates your lymphatic system, which removes everything harmful from your body. If you do sports at the same time, the effect of the device will be much higher and more stable.
Body contouring machines can have a variety of functions that enhance your body in different ways:
✓ Ultrasonic — destruction of fat cells
Ultrasound waves of different frequencies heat fat cells. The heat creates tiny cavities between the cells, creating pressure that eventually destroys the fat cells. The liver naturally removes thinned fat cells through the lymphatic system.
✓ LED (light-emitting diode) — improvement of skin condition.
This feature uses different wavelengths of light, the most popular are red and blue. They penetrate the deep layers of your skin, stimulate collagen production and help the body’s natural fat-burning mechanisms work more effectively.
LED therapy can be used by people with any skin type and color. It does not use ultraviolet (UV) light, and does not damage or burn the skin.
✓ RF (radio frequency) — activation of metabolic processes and production of necessary substances
Radio frequencies affect the dermis (collagen-elastin framework of the face) and hypodermis (subcutaneous fatty tissue). As a result of warming up, blood flow and lymph flow increase, metabolism is activated, and collagen begins to be produced .
✓ Vibration — reduction of swelling
Regular use of the vibration lowers cholesterol level in the blood and cleans the arteries of atherosclerotic plaques. Vibration promotes interstitial fluid movement, helps reduce swelling, and relaxes muscles.
✓ EMS — improving your muscles
This electronic muscle stimulator produces low-frequency electrical impulses through electrodes that cause muscles to contract. This intense muscle contraction helps make the body more fit and athletic.
✓ Heat — acceleration of the circulation of substances, relaxation of muscles
Like the RF function, heating is aimed at accelerating the exchange between cells involved in essential processes. Heat also relaxes tense muscles, reduces pain, and calms the nervous system.
What to expect from a body contouring machine?
The results of using a body contouring machine will be different for everyone because it primarily depends on the volume of the problem you want to solve. The development is also influenced by nutrition, sleep, and sports. The more you take care of your body, the higher the result from additional procedures will be.
So, if you use the body contouring machine as directed, here are the benefits you should expect:
In addition to all the above, you are guaranteed to improve your body general condition. The silhouette will become more refined, problem areas will decrease. You’re guaranteed to feel more confident knowing you’ve taken your time and completed the course of treatments.
Best body contouring machines
|How to use:
|2-3 times a week for 15 minutes each time
|Heat, EMS, Ultrasonic, RF, LED (Red Light)
The manufacturer claims that it is necessary to use the product for at least 90 days. However, users note that long-term results are visible after two weeks of regular use.
This device is the only one presented in this article that combines 5 functions: Heat, EMS, Ultrasonic, RF, and Red Light. They are grouped into 3 modes:
- D-Line: Used for skin regeneration (stretch marks are reduced by 35% in a month).
- B-Fat: For cellulite (removal of 39% fat in 8 weeks).
- L-Skin: Used for skin reduction (43% body modeling in 8 weeks).
It charges via USB-C, so you don’t have to be near an outlet all the time to use the device, as it is needed with Vansaile. The device has a little over an hour and fifteen of run time before recharging, which takes 2-3 hours.
Important: it must be used with a conductive gel otherwise, the effect of fat removal can not be achieved, but the gel is not included with the device, so you should buy it separately. We recommend paying attention to Conductive Gel for Abs Stimulators.
|Arms, abdomen, thighs, back, waist, and buttocks. Does not work on the face
|How to use:
|2-3 times per week. You can see the result within 6-8 weeks. The device needs to be placed in contact with the skin
|Ultrasonic, LED, (Red Light), RF, Vibration
Thanks to the powerful vibration function, you can notice a significant reduction in swelling after a week of regular use. However, after the first use, you will feel that the problem area has been worked on. This device has 4 functions that form 4 modes:
Mode 1: Ultrasonic + LED for destruction of fat cells and improvement of skin condition.
Mode 2: RF + LED for activation of metabolic processes and stimulate collagen production.
Mode 3: RF + Vibration + LED to increase blood and lymph flow.
Mode 4: Ultrasonic + Vibration + LED to promote fluid movement, destroys the fat cells and tighten skin.
Unlike all the other devices, this one has to be plugged in, so you can’t walk around the house while you’re doing the procedure, like with the Emstens. However, this means you can perform the procedure for as long as possible because the device does not discharge. Be careful, the manufacturer recommends carrying out the procedure for at least 30 minutes but no more than 1 hour.
The device needs to be placed in contact with the skin. You can use this device without gel, but gel conducts heat, It works even better if you use it.
|How to use:
|10-15 min every day. Don’t recommend continuously using it for over 15 minutes in the same area. Use over 3 months
|Heat, EMS, LED (Red Light)
This device has a powerfulfunction, which uses low-frequency electrical impulses to affect your muscles and make them contract. Using EMS for 10 mins on the problem area will show you the result the very next day. Try it before going to bed, and you will notice positive changes in the morning.
This device is one of the lightest on our list (only Redeek is lighter), so it is travel-friendly, and you can take it with you anywhere. It also has a cordless design for easy handling on all areas of your body.
However, some owners claim that its power may not be enough to work the whole body, and the visible effect can be seen only on the face. Remember that this machine is just an additional tool for improving your body, not the main one. Therefore, you should not expect long-term results right away.
You will notice changes after using the EMS function and red light a few hours after use, but to consolidate the result, you need to perform the procedures regularly.
Emstens Red Light Cavitation Device
Emstens Red Light Cavitation Device
The best for pain relief
|All parts of the body, such as waist, abdomen, buttock, face, arm, etc. (do NOT use on head, neck, collarbone, elbow, wrist, ankle, feet, and backbone)
|How to use:
|10 min every day, over 1 month. Do not use the same mode for a single-use area for more than 10 minutes
|LED (Red Light), RF, Sonic CV
Some users note that using this machine eased the pain in their body. This is especially true for tense muscles. Therefore, this device is ideal for relaxing after exercise. It is also noted that using the device before going to bed improves your rest because a relaxed body falls asleep faster.
The device has only 3 functions (like Wcyruu from our list). However, Wcyruu stimulates muscle contraction thanks to EMS, while Emstens, on the contrary, relieves tension thanks to Radio Frequency and Ultrasonic. Red Light tightens the skin and reduces stretch marks.
This machine also provides at-home maintenance in correspondence with your post-care instructions (body contouring/lymph drainage massages)
This machine must be used with gel or cream or oil (which are sold separately). Working with weight losing gel, slimming & firming cream or massage gel can help to achieve a better result. After treatment, use a dry towel to clean it.
Please note that this machine is designed to shut down automatically after 10 minutes for safety reasons. Just restart it to continue using it.
|How to use:
|10-15 minutes for each part of the body. Use consistently for over 1 month
|EMS, Vibration, RF, LED (Red Light, Blue Light)
This is the only product presented that combines red and blue light. This combination accelerates collagen synthesis and improves cell repair. It is also considered anti-inflammatory, so it can help soothe redness and swelling.
It also has a vibration function that helps reduce local swelling. Due to its relatively small size, this device cannot cover a large body area, but it is ideal for the face and small areas. Another machine from our list with a vibration function is the Vansaile, but it cannot be used on the face. Therefore, Carer Spark is an excellent choice for your face and small problem areas.
You can use this with anti-cellulite body oil or a beauty serum for the face. Important: anti-cellulite body oil can clog pores on the face and cause breakouts. Therefore, it is better to alternate procedures, using separate body oil and separate face serum, and disinfect the device between approaches.
Benefits of home use body contouring machine
Convenience during use
You don’t need to go to a spa, spend a lot of time and money. You can work on all the areas that bother you in one session. In addition, you do not need the help of other people, because all massagers are small, so you can easily handle them yourself.
Also, you can use it anywhere and do your things at the same time, for example, watching your favorite show on YouTube or reading a book.
If you use the body contouring machine according to the instructions, you will not experience any pain. All you can feel is a pleasant effect on your skin and warmth.
Surgical body sculpting costs on average from $1,600 to $4,200. Liposuction is among the top 5 cosmetic surgical procedures performed in the United States , but this procedure is quite risky because surgical intervention involves anesthesia and postoperative recovery.
A standard non-invasive in-salon body sculpting procedure costs approximately $50-$100 and requires several sessions. So, comparing all three body contouring methods, a machine for home use is the best option, because it saves time, and money and does not endanger your health.
According to our research, this machine for whole body has the most favorable price of all the best models:
Postoperative rehabilitation is not required
You do not need to prepare for the procedure for a long time and rest for a long time after it. You can perform the process at any convenient moment for you and after a few minutes go about your business. Also, you are not left with any surgical incisions or scars. Therefore, it is one of the safest methods to improve your body .
Depending on your body and skin type, results are usually visible after 2-3 sessions. You may need at least 10-12 sessions to get the desired results and for those around you to notice too.
According to our research, it gives the fastest result:
The science behind body contouring machine
As we mentioned above, non-invasive body contouring is not a solution to obesity. Home-use body contouring machines do not target visceral fat, which is implicated in cardiovascular disease; therefore, health benefits are largely cosmetic .
It is also worth remembering that, unlike liposuction, the stable effect of the body contouring machine will be notified no earlier than after 3 months of regular treatment .
In recent years, non-invasive body sculpting has become increasingly popular among patients . Since home-use body contouring machines began to gain popularity with the start of quarantine during Covid-19, there is not enough research on these devices. Their use is due to the possibility of doing the procedure yourself, relatively cheap cost, and a noticeable result.
In professional cosmetology, non-invasive methods such as Cryolipolysis, Ultrasound Cavitation, Radiofrequency (RF), Laser, and Infrared Light with numerous verified scientific efficacy were initially used . We now see the safest and most influential of them in home use body contouring machines.
For example, the use of such a popular function as RF is noted by doctors as safe for all skin types, because RF energy relies on the heating of water rather than selective photothermolysis . This is important, especially with the increase in skin diseases in recent decades.
It is also scientifically proven that Red Light, which is present in each of the above products, helps fight cellulite and stimulates the production of collagen in the skin .
How to use a body contouring machine
- Disinfect the surface of your machine with antiseptic wipes. It’s worth doing, even if it’s just you and no one else. Microparticles of your skin may remain on it after the previous procedure or dust accumulated during the time you have not used the machine.
- Soak a towel in hot water and wipe the area you will be working with. It will warm the skin and speed up the process of exposure to the skin.
- Apply the gel to the skin. Every machine needs gel application on the skin, but not all manufacturers warn about this. We recommend Conductive Gel for Abs Stimulators or Natural Anti Cellulite Massage Oil.
- Choose the mode you need. If you are a beginner, start with a minimal load and increase it with each procedure.
- Massage the area in circular motions for 10-30 minutes. Keep in mind that some machines automatically turn off after 10-15 minutes of operation.
- After the procedure, turn off the machine, wipe it and remove the gel from your skin.
Helpful tips that will improve your result
- Drink enough water a day. Body contouring machine activates metabolic processes in your body, harmful substances released from cells must be removed from your body as soon as possible to avoid intoxication. Therefore, it is necessary to ensure sufficient hydration of the body so that everything unnecessary is excreted faster.
- Before buying your machine, you can try the first few professional body contouring treatments in a professional spa. So you will see how to carry out the actual treatment on yourself and will be able to perform it yourself.
- Don’t worry if you can’t use the body contouring machine daily. This will not reduce the result of its use, on the contrary, some doctors recommend making a 36-hour break between procedures to allow the body to metabolize and remove all unnecessary before the next treatment.
- Refrain from drinking alcohol before and after the procedure. Alcohol slows down the metabolism and prevents the removal of harmful substances. If you drink alcohol during your course of treatment, the results will have to wait longer.
- For maximum effect, you can perform cardio exercises for 20 minutes. If you do this after the procedure, the lymphatic flow will speed up, and you will see the results much faster.
When to avoid using a body contouring machine
In general, there are no special restrictions for using the body contouring machine. Everything is the same as for other cosmetic procedures. However, there are general restrictions that must be discussed with your doctor:
- If you are pregnant
Any cosmetic procedures during pregnancy are best discussed with your doctor. This is especially true for vibration, electric muscle stimulation and radio frequency.
- If you have heart disease, hypertension, diabetes
Acceleration of lymph and metabolism can cause exacerbation of diseases.
- If you have skin infections, burns, allergies
Mechanical impact on the skin (such as vibrations) can cause skin deterioration. But light therapy, on the contrary, can improve its condition, if your doctor allows you to use it.
- If you have metal implants
It is forbidden to sculpt the body with radio frequency. You may experience severe pain or damage to the implant. You can use the machine to other body areas, but we advise you to consult with the doctor who installed your implants.
Home-use body contouring machine will not help to lose a lot of weight in a short time. But it is guaranteed to improve the condition of your body and help solve problems such as stretch marks, cellulite, swelling, and other things that worsen your mood.
If you don’t have a problem and just want to take care of yourself, then we advise you to pay attention to the Redeek machine. Among all 5 devices, it is the most versatile because it has 5 essential functions (the most of all presented products). But if you want to solve a specific problem, then choose a machine according to it.
Remember that you will get the best result if you work comprehensively: sports, proper nutrition, a sufficient amount of water, and sleep.
❓ What is a body contouring machine?
It is also known as a body sculpting machine. This is a non-invasive way of affecting the skin and subcutaneous layers to improve their general appearance.
⏳ How quickly will I get results from the body contouring machine?
It all depends on the problem you want to solve. Improvement of the skin can be noticed after 2-3 procedures. It may take 1 to 3 months to achieve a stable result. The minimum number of procedures is 10-12.
💦 Is it necessary to use gel or oil with a body contouring machine?
Not all manufacturers indicate this in the instructions, but it is advisable to always use a special gel or massage oil to ensure better gliding.
🥇 Is a home-use body contouring machine better than a spa machine?
Home-use body contouring machines are more convenient because you can use them at a convenient time and in a convenient place. You don’t need to waste your time and money on a spa. Also, the machine is much cheaper than a course of procedures in the salon.
💉 Do doctors approve of the body contouring machines?
There is not enough research on home-use body contouring machines, as they have only started to gain popularity in the last few years. However, doctors approve of the functions used in these machines — these are RF, Light Therapy, Ultrasound, EMS, etc.
- Hodgkinson DJ. Clinical applications of radiofrequency: nonsurgical skin tightening (thermage). — Clin Plast Surg. 2009 Apr; 36(2): 261-8, DOI: 10.1016/j.cps.2008.11.006.
- The American Society of Plastic Surgeons: National clearinghouse of Plastic Surgery procedural statistics: The American Society of Plastic Surgeons. Available at: http://www.asps.org. Accessed November 8, 2011
- Mazzoni D, Lin MJ, Dubin DP, Khorasani H. Review of non-invasive body contouring devices for fat reduction, skin tightening and muscle definition. — Australas J Dermatol. 2019 Nov; 60 (4): 278-283. DOI: 10.1111/ajd.13090.
- H. Ray Jalian; Mathew M. Avram (2012). Body Contouring: The Skinny on Noninvasive Fat Removal. — Semin Cutan Med Surg. 2012 Jun; 31 (2):121-5. DOI: 10.1016/j.sder.2012.02.004.
- Mark S Nestor, Jessica Newburger, Matthew B Zarraga. Body contouring using 635-nm low level laser therapy. — Semin Cutan Med Surg. 2013 Mar; 32 (1): 35-40. PMID: 24049928
- Hamed Khedmatgozar, Mehran Yadegari, Mohammad Amin Khodadadegan, Atieh Kamel Khodabandeh, Hamed Ghazavi, Habibollah Esmaily, Sajedeh Yousefian, Mohaddeseh Badpeyma, Mahsa Amarlou, Mohammad Bagherniya, Nafiseh Saghafi, Ramin Sadeghi , Gordon A Ferns, Hamideh Ghazizadeh, Majid Ghayour-Mobarhan. The effect of ultrasound cavitation in combination with cryolipolysis as a non-invasive selective procedure for abdominal fat reduction. — Diabetes Metab Syndr. 2020 Nov-Dec; 14 (6): 2185-2189. DOI: 10.1016/j.dsx.2020.10.034.
- Beasley KL, Weiss RA. Radiofrequency in cosmetic dermatology. — Dermatol Clin 2014; 32(1): 79–90. DOI:10.1016/j.det.2013.09.010
- Paolillo, F.R., Manoel, C.D., Lopes, L.A., & Bagnato, V. (2015). Phototherapy associated with mechanical stress for body-contouring and cellulite treatment. — Photodiagnosis and Photodynamic Therapy 12(3): 363. DOI: 10.1016/j.pdpdt.2015.07.151