Constant self-improvement and the pursuit of perfection are inherent in most people. Perhaps many of us want to look like the sex symbols we see every day on Instagram, Facebook, television, or even in life.
To achieve this result, you have to work hard on your body, work out, and stick to a strict schedule and diet. But there are situations when it is not enough and the body does not achieve the desired conditions. In such situations, you should turn to a body contouring treatment.
In this article we have collected for you the 5 best methods of body contouring, describing the pros, cons, and contradictions, providing expert opinion on when to turn to these procedures, and answering the question “What does body sculpting do?”.
What Is Body Sculpting?
What is body sculpting? Body sculpting is the process of affecting fat cells with high temperatures, vibrations, sound waves, and injections. Surgical intervention can be eliminated. It is important to note that body shaping procedures are not a panacea for obesity.
They help to get rid of the accumulated fat cells in certain areas of the body. Also, some types of body sculpting treatments may help to tighten the skin and make it firmer.
Such procedures should be performed when exercise and dieting no longer help to remove excess fat cells. They can be applied in certain areas of the body:
✓ Love handles – fat deposits in the thighs and abdomen;
Body Sculpting Pros, Cons, And Contradictions
Before getting acquainted with the most popular methods of body sculpt, it is worth learning about their pros, cons, and contraindications. Since it is a medical procedure, these aspects have a key influence on your decision.
- Forms clear, correct body contours. Sculpting body helps you get rid of excess fat cells and make your skin firmer. It reshapes your body contour and makes it look the way you’ve always dreamed of.
- Allows you to look younger. Removing excess fat cells relieves your body of unnecessary stress on organs and gives your body a fresh and youthful appearance.
- Reducing pain syndrome. Removing fat cells around tumors can have a positive effect on body regeneration and reduce pain.
- Rapid recovery. Non-surgical body scultping procedures do not require a long recovery time. It also reduces the risk of contracting infections to zero.
- The appearance of bruising and swelling. After some treatments, small bruises and swellings may remain on the body. Cold, heat and other effects can put a lot of pressure on certain areas of the skin. Capillaries may burst resulting in redness or bruising. With proper skincare, these imperfections will quickly go away. You can use ointments containing heparin, diclofenac, ibuprofen and troxevasin. They help to dissolve bleeding and reduce swelling.
- Requires several treatments. You need to visit more than 1 treatment to get the maximum effect. The number depends on the type of treatment.
It is worth consulting with your physician before you start the procedures to know if you can do body sculpting. General contraindications are the following:
❗ Pregnancy, recently pregnant, or breastfeeding;
❗ Any form of cancer or remission (within 1 year);
❗ Cardiovascular diseases;
❗ Liver and kidney diseases;
❗ Metabolic disorder;
❗ Diseases of the lymphatic system.
The Most Effective Body Sculpting Forms
There are several different types of body sculpting. They can be divided into 2 general groups: invasive (requiring surgery and anesthesia) and non-invasive (not requiring surgery and anesthesia).
Surgery has many contraindications and not everyone is willing to take this step. This is why we have gathered for you 5 of the most effective non-invasive body sculpting treatments. They are perfect for giving your body the desired shape quickly and painlessly.
Let’s learn more about them!
This type of treatment is based on cryolipolysis. But what is it? Cryolipolysis is the process of freezing subcutaneous fat without surgery. Once it reaches a certain temperature, the fat begins to break down, and the liver completely removes its remnants.
This procedure is completely safe for your body. The skin contains water molecules that protect it from damage when the temperature is low. The temperature at which the fat begins to break down is 3-5°C (39-41°F). It is higher than the temperature at which the skin can be damaged (below -10°C or 14°F). So, the answer to the question “Does cold treatment body sculpting work?” is complete “Yes!”.
👍 The pros of cryolipolysis
- Universality. This procedure can take place in medical spas.
- Efficiency. The result is achieved within a few weeks.
- No downtime. Cryolipolysis does not require long preparations and recovery after the procedure.
- No pain. The procedure causes no painful sensations and does not require surgical intervention.
You will not experience any discomfort during the procedure, but cryolipolysis can cause some side effects. These include:
❗ Numbness and loss of sensation in the area of the body where the procedure was performed;
❗ Reddening and slight bleeding;
❗ Increased skin tenderness and sensitivity;
❗ Slight pain.
Warm sculpting takes advantage of the poor temperature tolerance of fat cells, as well as cryolipolysis. They are destroyed at elevated temperatures. After that, the lymphatic system takes over and naturally removes the remaining fat cells from the body within a few weeks.
Hyperthermal lasers provide high temperatures. These devices concentrate light in one place and heat the surface to the desired temperature.
Warm sculpting is safe for you and your skin. The fat cells are destroyed at a temperature of 43-50°C (109.4-122°F). Exposure for 1-15 minutes is sufficient. Skin can be damaged by prolonged exposure to temperatures over 50°C (122°F), so you don’t have to worry.
👍 Pros of warm sculpting
- Non-invasive. Does not require surgery.
- Doesn’t require recovery time. Immediately after the procedure, you can return to your daily activities.
- Precision. The laser is effective in destroying fat cells in hard-to-reach places.
After the procedure, you will not feel any discomfort, but there can be the following consequences:
❗ Burns may occur in the areas where the laser was concentrated;
❗ Redness or numbness of the skin areas may occur.
Red Light Therapy
What is body sculpt in case of the red light therapy? This treatment as well as warm sculpting uses a laser to affect the fat cells, but the principle of its work is different. The treatment is based on a red light that penetrates under the skin and affects the fat. This is what is known as low-level laser therapy (LLLT).
The body cells absorb the red light and use it to affect the fat deposits. By releasing a large amount of energy, the fat begins to melt and is then eliminated from the body naturally. This treatment can be performed on the entire body and a few sessions will be enough to achieve the desired results.
😮 Red light therapy is unique. In addition to the safe removal of fat cells, it has the following advantages:
- Treatment of skin issues. Exposure to red light accelerates cell regeneration and makes your skin firmer and more youthful.
- Anti-inflammatory effects. Red light helps in the treatment of arthritis and muscle pain.
- Insomnia treatment. Red light sends “signals” to your body that help regulate your sleep cycle.
- Prevention of cardiovascular diseases. Red color therapy helps lower blood cholesterol levels. This reduces the risk of diseases such as heart attack.
- Strengthening the nervous system. Red light has a calming effect on the nerve endings, which helps to avoid stress and nervousness.
- Strengthens immunity. The effect of red light on the body is comparable to a fever, which causes an increased immune response. Such procedures keep the immune system in good shape.
Red light treatments are not painful, so you will not experience any discomfort during and after the procedure.
❗ Burns can only occur due to improper use of the device.
Electrical muscle stimulation takes a different approach to affect fat cells. This procedure is also non-invasive, so it does not require surgery.
How does electrical muscle stimulation work? It uses an electromagnetic effect that causes the muscles to contract. In this way, your body experiences stress comparable to going to the gym, but you won’t feel discomfort like after a workout.
Your muscles will have to look for a boost to keep up with the load and thereby turn fat into useful elements. As a result, your muscles will get stronger and the fat will disappear!
- Non-invasive procedure. Does not require surgery or anesthesia.
- Double effect. Electrical muscle stimulation strengthens the muscular system and promotes fat burning.
- Safety. No side effects.
- You need to attend several sessions of the procedure to get maximum results.
- Does not provide weight loss.
Another popular method of fighting fat cells is ultrasonic cavitation. This procedure uses the effect of cavitation to remove unwanted deposits. During the treatment, ultrasound affects the fat cells and causes gas balls to appear, which burst and destroy the accumulation. The residual fat is eliminated from the body naturally. So, the answer to the question “Does body sculpting work?” is “Sure!”.
The treatment is completely safe, but can sometimes cause side effects. These include bruising, flabby skin, and pain. These side effects are rare and over time the body restores the damaged tissue.
- Non-invasiveness. This procedure does not require surgery or anesthesia.
- No downtime. It does not require preparation and a long recovery time after the procedure. You can immediately return to your business and care.
- Gradual effect. Your skin will not be exposed to strong influences, which can lead to circulatory disorders.
- This treatment does not provide weight loss. It is aimed at the pinpoint destruction of fat cells.
- There may not be a visible effect from the treatment in places of large accumulations of fat cells.
Expert Advice: When To Visit a Body Sculpting Specialist?
Non-invasive contouring body provides the opportunity to make the contours of your figure clearer and more pronounced by removing excess fat cells. As we said earlier, you should go to a specialist when exercise and diet are no longer helping to achieve the desired effect.
Experts also note that one of the most important criteria for which you can turn to body sculpting is body mass index. Below we will explain to you in detail what it is and how to calculate it.
❓ What is body mass index?
Body Mass Index is a measure of how much weight corresponds to a person’s height. This indicator is important for understanding whether body weight is insufficient, normal or overweight. Depending on the result, a person should take measures to gain or lose weight.
🧮 How is the body mass index calculated?
- You can use the following formula to calculate in kilograms and meters:
- You can use the following formula to calculate in inches and pounds:
📈 What is the interpretation of BMI?
|BMI < 18||Below normal weight|
|18.5 ≥ BMI < 25||Normal weight|
|25 ≥ BMI < 30||Overweight|
|30 ≥ BMI < 35||First-degree obesity|
|18 35 ≥ BMI < 40||Second-degree obesity|
|40 ≥ BMI||Third-degree obesity|
✅ At what BMI value can we turn to body sculpting?
Experts note that this index must be strictly less than 30. Otherwise, the procedure will have no visible effect.
Top 5 Tips On How To Maximize Body Sculpting Results
To maximize the effect of body sculpting and avoid the need to repeat the course, experts advise you to adhere to simple rules.
❗ Get into a healthy lifestyle. Body sculping destroys fat cells, but they may remain in areas that have not undergone the treatment. Therefore, you should not abandon a healthy diet and exercise.
❗ Drink more water. It is a very simple rule to keep the water balance of the body. It is especially important to do this if you exercise in extreme conditions or drink a lot of coffee. This causes dehydration.
❗ Wear the right clothes. Compression underwear or loose-fitting clothes help keep the areas that have been subjected to body sculpting from being strained and help to recover faster.
❗ Try not to take anti-inflammatory medications. The lymphatic system naturally flushes out destroyed fat cells. Anti-inflammatory drugs slow these processes down.
❗ Get a massage. To maximize the effect, massage the areas that have succumbed to sculpting procedures. It helps to liquefy the fat faster and eliminate it from the body.
Body sculpting is a procedure that breaks down fat cells and allows you to make the desired shape. In this article, we have described the 5 best non-invasive body sculpture treatments that allow you to achieve the desired success in a few sessions and answered the question: “Does body contouring work?”.
We also described their pros, cons, and common contraindications, and gave you an expert opinion on when to go to a body sculptor.
Strive to be perfect, improve yourself and look better than any celebrity!
❓ How does body sculpting work?
The body sculpting treatment destroys fat cells and gives your body more expressive shapes.
📈 How effective is body contouring?
You will need to undergo more than 1 contour body treatment to achieve the desired effect.
🩹 Is body sculpting safe?
Non-invasive body sculpting is safe for your health and requires no surgery or anesthesia.
🏆 What are the most effective non-invasive methods of body sculpting?
The most effective non-invasive methods of body sculpting are cold, heat, ultrasonic treatments, red light therapy, muscle stimulation and muscle stimulation.
Black Friday Deals
Subscribe and get notified about the black friday deals, up to 50% discounts.